The Damien Center
Who we are: As Indiana’s largest HIV care and prevention agency, The Damien Center serves over 1,200 people annually who are living with HIV, with a highly effective one-stop shop approach to care. We serve thousands more through free testing, education, outreach, and cutting edge medical interventions for those at highest risk, to prevent new infections.
What we do:
• Medical Services – In partnership with Damien Cares and Walgreens, we offer an on-site medical clinic and pharmacy for our clients. Our team also offers psychiatric care and medical case management to clients.
• Counseling Services – Our dedicated and trained counselors offer mental health, substance abuse, and risk-reduction counseling services.
• Testing & Prevention – The Joseph F. Miller Testing Center provides on-site free and confidential HIV/STI testing. We also offer prevention counseling, PrEP, pregnancy testing, and outreach counseling.
• Housing Services – Safe, stable and affordable housing gives our clients the best chance to adhere to treatments and enhance their quality of life. We offer long-term and short-term housing options, and an on-site food pantry.
• Linkage to Care – By eliminating barriers to care, our Linkage to Care team ensures that clients can access the help they need.
• Care Coordination – Our Care Coordination team helps our clients with medical care and other vital services they need.
Why we’re important: Everything we do is focused on a future where an HIV diagnosis no longer advances to AIDS, where new infections are diminishing, and where those living with HIV can live longer, healthier and more productive lives. Every year we see incredible advances in available responses to an HIV diagnosis, and every year the community helps us step up with more effective services to inspire better outcomes for our clients. Your support will help us continue to take the lead in providing that next cutting edge level of service for the clients who need us most.
How we affect the community: Our mission is to empower communities and persons affected by HIV/AIDS in the state of Indiana by being a leading resource, provider, and advocate for comprehensive HIV/AIDS care, prevention, education, and related services. Our vision is to see central Indiana free of the suffering caused by HIV/AIDS. Until then, we envision that every HIV-affected person in Central Indiana knows that The Damien Center is a safe and welcoming place so that no barriers separate people from the services they need to prolong and enhance their lives.